Thursday, July 28, 2011

Decadent Brownies


from Eagle Brand


These brownies are amazing (Lisa- they're like your mom's). I needed to use some sweetened condensed milk and came across this recipe. I love these! I think they're best warm, so not straight out of the oven, but still warm. And I like to reheat them in the microwave for about 15 seconds. I thought I'd prefer them w/o nuts so I only put the nuts on half. But I do actually like the brownies better w/the nuts. So now I just add them right before eating.

1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Classic Traditional Fudge Brownie
2 cups caramels, unwrapped
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup butter
2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used milk choc)
1 1/2 cups pecan halves


HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x 9-inch baking pan.

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
Spread 1 1/2 cups prepared batter in prepared pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until center is set.

Combine caramels, sweetened condensed milk and butter in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until caramels are almost melted. Whisk until smooth.

Gently spread caramel mixture over partially baked brownie.
Sprinkle caramel with chocolate chips.
Spread remaining unbaked brownie batter evenly over chocolate chips.
Sprinkle with pecan halves.

Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments: