Thursday, July 9, 2009

not Italian meatballs


I don't have a written recipe for meatballs, but here is my closest estimate:

Meatballs
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 pound ground beef
3/4 cup rolled oats
salt and pepper to taste (haha! I made these just the right amount of salty by luck. Maybe 1 tsp.?)
1 to 2 Tb. parsley
Mix everything together and roll into little balls. Use more eggs for more oats, and fewer eggs for fewer oats. Fry in a skillet on medium heat for about twenty minutes, turning as necessary. Serve over rice.
    Zucchini
    1 or two zucchini or summer squash, sliced thin
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 or 3 Tb. butter (or olive oil)

    Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced zucchini and fry for about 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender and browned.

    Yeah, I think that's the first recipe I've shared! So simple... I usually don't take pictures of my food, and Jonathan usually cooks for me. I'll post again when I cook again!

    --Ammie

    No comments: