Friday, December 3, 2010

A Christmas twist on Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and the main reason Dalyce invited me to be part of this blog. :)  Anyway at Christmas I like to replace the chocolate chips with chopped up candy cane kisses.  I have actually never done nuts with the kisses so I don't know how that would be. I hope you like it!

1 ½  C shortening                                          
¾ C sugar                                                         
1 ½ C brown sugar                                            
1 ½ tsp vanilla                                                  
3 well-beaten eggs                                            
3 1/2 C flour
 1 ½ tsp soda
 1 ½ tsp salt 
 3 C chocolate chips
 ½ C nuts, chopped (Optional)

Cream together shortening both sugars, add vanilla.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Fold in eggs and mix well.
Sift together flour, soda, & salt.  Add to first mixture and stir in chips and nuts.  Mix well, drop 1 spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 10 min.

3 comments:

D.Suth. said...

no way!! This is it?? Hooray!
Merry Christmas to me! :)
thanks, and ... mmmmmmm

D.Suth. said...

also, I forgot, did you invent this recipe or where did you get it from?

Lisa said...

I got it from some lady in Orderville. :) Merry Christmas to you! :)