Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Bars


from Kraft
I've been trying some recipes from my cookbook that I haven't tried in years, in attempt to toss the recipes I don't really care much about and cut down on recipes.
Since this is another pumpkin recipe, and I don't go crazy over pumpkin for the most part, I thought this recipe would get the ax once I made them and tried them again, but... they made the cut. They were good. I ate more than I thought I would. Good combination of flavors...and from Kraft-- who knew?

1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 1/2 sticks cold butter or margarine
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice

Preheat to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; grease foil. Mix flour, 1/4 granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and nuts.
Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
Beat cream cheese, remaining ½ c sugar, eggs, pumpkin and spice on medium speed until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 25 min; cool 10 min. Use foil to transfer dessert from pan to wire rack; cool completely

No comments: