Friday, January 14, 2011

Broccoli Soup


This comes from my mother in law and I LOVE this soup!! I think she got it from her ward cook book. Added bonus- really quick to make!

1 large stalk broccoli
1/4 c butter
2/3 c chopped onion
2 T flour
2 c chicken broth
2 c cream
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
3/4 tsp salt
1 c grated Cheddar cheese
*You may want to read through the recipe before making it. I added 2 notes.

Cook broccoli and cut in small pieces. Drain and save liquid. Melt butter in saucepan and add onion. Cook until soft. Blend in flour.
Add broth and stir constantly until mixture boils.
Add cream, Worcesetershire, salt, and broccoli, and up to 1 c reserved liquid (I don't usually need any of the reserved liquid). Bring to a boil and stir in cheese (I usually use at least 1 extra cup of cheese).

No comments: